Member’s Code of Conduct
- I will treat all members of, and any person associated with, SwimEngland with due dignity and respect.
- I will treat everyone equally and never discriminate against another person associated with Swim England on any grounds including that of age, sexual orientation, gender, faith, ethnic origin or nationality.
- I understand that the use of inappropriate or abusive language, bullying, harassment, or physical violence will not be tolerated and could result in action
- being taken through the disciplinary or child welfare policies.
- I will display a high standard of behaviour at all times.
- I will always report any poor behaviour by others to an appropriate officer or member of staff.
- I will recognise and celebrate the good performance and success of fellow club and team members.
- I will respect the privacy of others, especially in the use of changing facilities.I will treat all members of, and persons associated with, Swim England with due dignity and respect.
- I will treat my coach and fellow members with respect.
- I will make my coach aware if I have difficulties in attending training sessions as per the rules laid down for my squad.
- I will arrive in good time on poolside before the training session starts to complete poolside warm up as directed by my coach.
- I understand that if I arrive late, I must report to my coach before entering the pool.
- I will ensure that I have all of my equipment with me, e.g. paddles, kick boards, hats, goggles, etc.
- If I need to leave the pool for any reason during training, I will inform my coach before doing so.
- I will listen to what my coach is telling me at all times and obey any instructions given.
- I will always swim to the wall as I would do in a race, and I will practice turns as instructed.
- I will not stop and stand in the lane, or obstruct others from completing their training.
- I will not pull on the ropes as this may injure other members.
- I will not skip lengths or sets – to do so means I would only be cheating myself.
- I will think about what I am doing during training, and if I have any problems, I will discuss them with my coach at an appropriate time.
- If I have any problems with the behaviour of fellow members, I will report them at the time to an appropriate adult.
- At competitions, whether they be open meets, national events or club galas, I will always behave in a manner that shows respect to my coach, the officers, my teammates and the members of all competing organisations.
- I understand that I will be required to attend events and galas that the Chief Coach has entered/selected me for, unless agreed otherwise by prior arrangement with the relevant official and coach.
- I understand that I must wear appropriate swimwear, tracksuits, T-shirts/shorts and hats as per the rules laid down by the organisation.
- I will report to my coach and/or team manager on arrival on poolside.
- I will warm up before the event as directed by the coach in charge on that day and ensure I fully prepare myself for the race.
- I will be part of the team. This means I will stay with the team on poolside.
- If I have to leave poolside for any reason, I will inform, and in some cases, get the consent of the team manager/coach before doing so.
- After my race, I will report to my coach for feedback.
- I will support my teammates. Everyone likes to be supported and they will be supporting me in return. I will swim down after the race if possible, as advised by my coach.
- My behaviour in the swim down facility must be appropriate and respectful to other users at all times.
- I will never leave an event until either the gala is complete or I have the explicit agreement of the coach or team manager.